Connor

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Doctor Visit

I went to the doctor today for my glucose test and my check up. I got there about 8:15 and chugged an orange drink. I had to wait an hour before they could take my blood, so I had my doctor's appointment in between. My weight and blood pressure were good. I have gained about 4 pounds total so far. The nurse went to listen to the heartbeat and Connor hit the device really hard, so she had to readjust. His heartbeat was good at 147. Next I met with the doctor and she asked me if I had any questions or concerned. Then she measured my stomach, and before she told me what the measurement was, she said, "Well, you will probably have a big baby." I told her that I keep hearing that, haha. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow, but my stomach measured 28 weeks. She said they are not concerned if you measure 2 cm below or above because it could be how the baby is positioned at the time or it may just be a big baby :) After my check-up, i made my next appointment since I start going about every 2 weeks now. My next appointment is a check-up and then on May 9th, we will have another ultrasound to check my placenta and the growth and size of Connor. After my hour was up, I went to the back and had my blood drawn. I should know by Wednesday the results of my glucose test. I am praying and hoping that it comes back negative. So everything seems great so far, and I was happy after the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment