Connor

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is There a Moonwalk in My Belly?

I am 24 1/2 weeks now, and Connor is moving around full force now. He is moving so much more often, and he is much stronger. Ben can almost always feel him as long as he is kicking and punching. Other times it just feels like he is swimming around from side to side, back to front. He started this new thing where he likes to fight with the bed when I lay down. If I lay on my side to sleep, he moves to that side and starts punching and kicking the bed over and over again. When I roll over to my other side, he moves to that side and fights the bed on that side.  Maybe a future MMA fight???? Hahaha! It is great to be on Spring Break this week. I feel like I got to rest and get things done. I have filled out and sent all the paperwork for the house today, so now things should move along nicely. We are super excited to raise Connor in our new home!!!
Also, this week I went with my friend Kaci to pick out letters to hang above his crib. She was nice enough to offer to make the letters, and she sent me pictures of what they look like. They are super cute, and I'm excited to hang them.
Also big news this week: Our besties, Shannon and Jason, are waiting for their baby girl to arrive soon. She was supposed to arrive this Saturday, but if she decides to hang out a little longer in Shannon's belly, they will induce Tuesday or Wednesday. YAY!!!! Can't wait to meet Connor's future girlfriend :)

Here is what the Babycenter website says about baby Connor during this week.

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin 
and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


The letters that Kaci made to hang above his crib

The thank you cards that I found and had to get!

Had to get these! They were too cute! Two sleepers, socks, and mittens.

New Cravings! Popcorn and Fudge Creme Oreos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment